Rental Agreement, Policies & Information
This Agreement covers the Condominium located at: Condo Property Address
Agreement with: Guest Name Your Reservation number ______
You may pay online with Credit Card or E-Check, or mail a check. To pay by check: write check out to xxxxxx and mail with signed agreement to: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx OR scan and email to email@example.com and pay via web link
**If you want to pay by credit card, please click payment link in the attached email.
Policies and Procedures
This rental applies to family or groups over 25 in age. Groups under 25 in age, Non-chaperoned, high school or college groups are not permitted. In addition, the number of occupants shall not at any time exceed the limit of (varies by unit) people set for this unit. Violation of these policies can result in denial of access to the property, cancellation of the reservation, and /or immediate removal from the property without refund.
All policies set forth in this agreement go into effect at the time of booking.
CHECK-IN time is after 3 P.M. EST and CHECK-OUT time is 10 A.M. EST. No early check-in or late check-out during summer months. Unit and parking spaces must be vacated by 10am to allow cleaners time to prepare the condo for the next guests; they need to use the parking spaces in order to come in and clean. Failing to leave the unit by 10 am will result in a $100 late departure fee charged against your deposit
1. Please notify the agent or owner immediately upon discovering broken items in the condo. Failure to do so may incur some liability to the guest.
2. This is a NON-SMOKING unit.
3. PETS are not permitted in this unit under any conditions. Pets found in the unit is grounds for immediate eviction and charges for deep cleaning of the unit to remove any pet dander.
4. DAMAGE/RESERVATION DEPOSIT: A damage/reservation deposit of $300-$500 (depending on unit) is required. The deposit is NOT applied toward rent; however, it is fully refundable within (15) days of departure, provided the following provisions are met:
a. No damage is done to unit or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear.
b. All debris, rubbish and discards are placed in trash chute, or dumpster and soiled dishes are washed and returned to correct kitchen cabinet.
c. Parking Garage FOBs are returned to condo. (if applicable)
d. The renter is not evicted by the owner (or representative of the owner), the local law enforcement, or the security company employed by the condo association.
5. Loud and unruly behavior that disturbs other people in surrounding condos is unacceptable. Guest acknowledges and agrees to keep sound levels in the unit below the level that would disturb other guests in surrounding units. It shall be a violation of this Agreement and grounds for immediate removal without refund if these noise levels are exceeded as a result of Guest’s activity on the Property. Ocean City Government also has noise ordinances which are civil/or criminal offenses if violated. If the police are called due to loud sound levels coming from this condo, you may be asked to vacate the condo immediately for violating these ordinances as well as charges placed against you.
6. Fees deducted from Security Deposit if above items are not performed:
• Above normal cleaning: (unit is left with trash, dirty dishes or more than normal amounts of sand in showers and floors, beds not made). $25-150 depending on bill charged by cleaning company.
• Late Departure fee: $100 (Remaining after specified check out time)
• Returned check fee: $35
• Non-return of Parking Passes: $15 (if applicable)
• Damaged furniture: (Beyond normal wear) Cost of Repair of item.
• Rearranged furniture $35
• Lost or missing Remote TV controls $35
• Lost or missing keys to storage room, workout room as applicable
7. PAYMENT: A payment schedule is provided in this agreement. The 3% booking charge is waived if a check or E-check payment is made. Use of credit card causes a 3% booking charge. Late payments incur a late payment fee of $35.
8. CANCELLATIONS: A sixty (60) day notice is required for cancellation. Cancellations that are made more than sixty (60) days prior to the arrival date are subject to a 10% of the rent amount or $100 whichever is greater. Cancellations or changes that result in a shortened stay, or that are made within 60 days of the arrival date, forfeit the full advance payments and damage/reservation deposit if unit is not re-rented. (Owner will attempt to re-rent the unit and if successful cancellation fee will be the same as above more than (60) day cancellation fee). Cancellation or early departure does not warrant any refund of rent or deposit. You may choose to purchase travel insurance separately. See item number twenty two, (22), of this contract regarding travel insurance. Receipt of deposit is considered confirmation of reservation. If guest has not checked in within 24 hours of the arrival date, owner may cancel this Agreement and guest will forfeit all rental monies paid.
9. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY: The maximum number of guests in this condominium is (varies by unit). Violation of this policy can result in denial of access to the property, cancellation of the reservation, and /or immediate removal from the property without refund.
10. INCLUSIVE FEES: The cleaning fee is included in the rental rate.
11. GRILLS: Due to being a fire hazard, no grilling is allowed either inside or outside of this unit.
12. LINENS, BEACH ITEMS, and BABY EQUIPMENT: These are not provided with the unit but are available for a rental fee based on the order form attached to this agreement. We can set this up for you or you can set up yourself with one of several linen companies in OC.
13. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS: Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check-in.
14. WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS: Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing in advance.
15. ASSIGNED PARKING SPACES AND PASSES: Policy varies by unit.
16. Property is cleaned between 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. between confirmed reservation periods. If Guest does not contact Agent within one hour of check-in, Agent/Owner will assume Property is acceptable. Guest agrees to accept Property as is on arrival and Guest will not be entitled to a refund of rent money and will have no claim or recourse against Owner or Rental Agent other than to request remedy of the situation.
17. Owner/Agent does everything within their power to have your unit ready by check-in time, but we ask for your patience during busy rental periods. We also have high cleaning standards that we ask our cleaning contractors to adhere to. If you feel your unit has not received the necessary attention to detail prior to your arrival, please notify us as soon as possible so we can promptly address your housekeeping issues. We ask that you give us the opportunity to fix any unit cleaning or maintenance issues so you can have a relaxing and enjoyable vacation. There will be no refunds given for cleaning issues, missing items or broken furniture, but every effort will be made to remedy these issues. We ask for patience by allowing the Rental agent or owner time to remedy the situation. Remedy is specifically limited to best effort by owner/manager to correct any issues encountered. Some repairs may require parts to be ordered, which could mean the item may not be available for your use. Best efforts will be made to remedy any of these situations.
18. Working condition of air conditioning, televisions, DVDs, appliances, elevators, etc. are NOT guaranteed. No Refunds or rate adjustments will be made for mechanical failures or fire false alarms. Efforts will be made to remedy encountered issues.
19. Opening and closing of pools is at the discretion of each individual building. Neither Owner nor Agent is responsible for closed pools or other common element problems.
20. Owner or Agent reserves the right to cancel this Agreement at any time prior to Guest taking occupancy of the Property. In such event, Owner will refund to Guest all deposit monies received.
21. HURRICANE OR STORM POLICY: No refunds will be given, we highly recommend that you purchase travel insurance which, for extra fee, provides reimbursement for events beyond your control like weather, sickness, job layoff or other emergencies. Please Read the insurance policy for what they will reimburse you for.
22. TRAVEL INSURANCE: We highly recommend your purchase travel insurance. If you wish to purchase travel insurance, there are multiple sources. One option is www.InsureMyTrip.com. We are in no way affiliated with these insurers.
23. Access to Condo: While we endeavor to allow our guests to have exclusive use of this condo for the agreed rental period, there are occasions when access is necessary to perform inspection or repair of items in the condo. (AC, Refrigerator, Cable, Wi-Fi) We will attempt to schedule a time with the guests but if unsuccessful we reserve the right to access the unit.
24. Limitation of Liability: IN NO EVENT WILL AGENT’S OR PROPERTY OWNER’S LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH THE RENTAL PROVIDED UNDER THIS AGREEMENT EXCEED AMOUNTS PAID TO AGENT OR PROPERTY OWNER BY RENTER. THESE LIMITATIONS APPLY TO ALL CAUSES OF ACTION IN THE AGGREGATE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, AGENT AND/OR PROPERTY OWNER NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, MISREPRESENTATION AND OTHER TORTS. Neither the Agent nor Property Owner shall be liable to the renter for any indirect, special, or consequential damages. The renter expressly waives the right to a trial by jury.
Departure Day Responsibility:
The property must be vacated by 10AM. Guest agrees to perform the following chores prior to vacating the property:
1. Clean and return all dishes and silverware to the appropriate cabinet or drawer.
2. Empty all food from refrigerator.
3. Remove sheets and pillow cases; make the bed with the provided covers.
4. Place all %propertyInfo3%
5. Return furniture to its original placement.
6. Lock all doors and windows.
7. Adjust the thermostat to summer setting of 85℉, winter setting of 52℉,
8. In non-summer months turn off hot water.
9. Leave parking passes and fobs, (if in Belmont), on the kitchen counter for the next guests.
10. Remove vehicles from the parking garage reserved spaces so that the cleaners can use the spaced to perform their jobs.
By signing below, I agree to all terms and conditions of this agreement. I have attached a check payable to Claire Lohrmann or will pay via credit card. I agree that all rental monies are non-refundable per cancellation policy, (9) above.
Guest Signature: _________________________________________________________________
Guest Name Printed: Guest Name Reservation number Booking Number
Vacation Dates: _ ___________________________________
Condo Location: UNIT ADDRESS
Principle Renter Cell Phone number, REQUIRED (for emergency contact while at unit) This is required by the condo management company so that you can be contacted in time of emergency, such as storm evacuation or other issue such as mechanical problem, fire, storm or electrical outage.
City, State, ZIP ____________________________________________________________________
Number of Guests in Party: ___________ Adults ___________ Children
**A copy of the Guest’s Driver’s License is required with the agreement if this is your first time renting with us. Not required for returning guests